Friday, July 1, 2011

Day One - Jason

Bio: Jason is my recent roommate, close friend, and brother in the faith. He is currently traipsing about the jungles of Nicaragua. Jason is from good stock – farm boy from Anadarko. One word to describe him is “solid.” He is reliable, disciplined, and totally straight-as-an-arrow. One time he (gently) got on to me for calling in sick to work when I was really just working on homework. He gave me a mournful look from his brown cow-eyes and I felt like Jeffrey Dahmer. Jason worked at a gym as an exercise technician until he left the country, and I would go in sometimes and get some free training. Despite his many great qualities, in the gym he is merciless and even ruthless. Words like “enough, I’m tired, no more” simply don’t mean anything to him but “one more.” I’m curious to see if his challenge involves anything physical.

So here goes. *Insert sound of opening envelope here*

And my first day’s challenge says, 
“Ben, what fun this is! It’s an honor to have your first day! Alright, it’s Friday, you work. Before work you must do 50 push-ups and 50 crunches and 50 lunges.

Okay, after work the fun begins. It’s a Friday night! Your challenge. You must kiss 30 women on the cheek. That is 30 different women! Enjoy! You can do this! You’re a man in your 20’s!!!
- Jason”

First reaction- I think I’m blushing. Oh gosh. The physical exercise is not so bad – I will just get up extra early so I have time to get them all in. But kissing 30 women!! Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap! At least he doesn’t restrict me to only women I don’t know. My first thought is, “Whew, my Mom counts,” but that still leaves 29. Grandma’s up in Stillwater, but that’s an hour up and an hour back. Where am I going to find 30 women in one night? And you know, I sort of do want them to be eligible women, not just all relatives or grannies. As a fallback, I could just make a kissing train through my Grandma’s assisted living facility. There’s definitely 30 ladies there.

I like how he ends with “You’re a man in your 20’s”, which both reminds me that I won’t be able to say that in a month AND implies that if I were to do this in August, those 30 ladies would stop me and be like, “No, I’m sorry, you can’t kiss my cheek. You’re in your 30s.” Chuckle. I also like how he’s got me kissing 30 girls, but not on the lips! That might be inappropriate. ;)

OK. Pride is setting in now. I can do this, and I won’t stoop to using relatives. Here’s my goal. From the time I get off work till the stroke of midnight, 30 eligible, single ladies. Guess I better dig out my chapstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment