Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gearing Up

I knew I wanted to do something crazy for my 30th birthday. Something big, something momentous, something worthy of celebrating 3 decades of life. But with only 4 days to go until my 30 Before 30 Challenge begins, I'm definitely feeling antsy about the month ahead of me.

For anyone who doesn't know, I've given 30 of my friends and family one day in the month of July. On their day, they can challenge me to do anything. ANYTHING. There are only three small restrictions: not outlandishly expensive, not more than 24 hours in duration, must be accomplishable while working an 8-hour day. But other than that, my challengers have carte blanche.

If I can make it to July 31 without getting jailed, killed or going crazy, I'll turn 30. All I have to do is survive 30 days of I-don't-know-what first.

Many of the envelopes I mailed out with the challenge form in them have come back in, and are sitting on my dresser, daring my imagination to consider the tasks inside. One feels extra thick, so I'm curious to see what extra items my friends included in that one. My anticipation is building. No matter what happens, though, I'm pretty sure it will be a very memorable July.

BD

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ben!! What a fun idea! I really wish I had thought about it a month ago, alas, ...too late :)
    Krissy gave me your blog and now I'm excited to follow along over the next month!

    ReplyDelete